Doctors at Warana Medical Centre all have an interest in Women’s Health.
One in eight women will be diagnosed with breast cancer. Cervical cancer and pre-cancerous changes in the cervix are also common problems. Regular mammograms and Pap Smears are therefore very important screening tests to consider.
Other areas of Women’s Health where care is provided at the Warana Medical Centre include:
- Antenatal care
- Postnatal care
- Breast Health e.g. mastalgia, mastitis or nipple discharge
- Treatment of menopausal symptoms
- Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Reproductive health issues e.g. infertility; pelvic inflammatory disease
- Menstrual problems e.g. heavy or painful periods, endometriosis, premenstrual syndrome
- Ovarian problems e.g. polycystic ovarian syndrome, ovarian cysts
- Uterine problems e.g. uterine fibroids
- Sexually transmitted diseases e.g. Chlamydia, Herpes, HPV, trichinosis
- Discussion re indications for the new HPV vaccine
- Genital Health; candida infections, bacterial vaginosis
- Urinary Incontinence
If you are a women, sexually active, have questions, seek advice or information, make an appointment to see your doctor at Warana Medical Centre.